Saturday, October 28, 2006

Diwali, the festival of light

In celebration of Diwali the festival of light this week, the Art Gallery of NSW offered a free show of Indian music and dance performances on Wednesday night. I loved this little shrine set up in the Gallery. This special event also marked the opening of the Goddess, Divine Energy exhibition that will be on until 28 January. For more photos of Diwali celebrations in India, visit Mumbai Daily Photo or Bangalore Daily Photo : Happy Diwali!

Cette semaine dans tout le monde hindou, c'était Diwali, la fête de la lumière. A cette occasion, la Galerie d'Art du NSW a organisé mercredi un spectacle gratuit de musiques et de danses indiennes absolument magnifiques. Le spectacle venait également saluer l'ouverture de l'exposition Déesse, Divine Energie qui se tiendra à la Galerie jusqu'au 28 janvier. Après le spectacle, certains sont venus près de ce petit autel effectuer les gestes rituels. Pour d'autres photos des fêtes de Diwali en Inde, visitez donc Mumbai Daily Photo or Bangalore Daily Photo.

5 comments:

Olivier said...

Belle photo, la fete devait etre belle. on fete beaucoup de chose a Evry, mais pas celle la, dommage


Beautiful photograph, the festival was to be beautiful. one celebrates much thing has Evry, but not that, damage

JaamZIN said...

so wonderful pic. Hindu culture is very colorful to me.

Bill said...

I was in Beverly Hills California this past week on business. I left my house around 4am Monday, and was in the office by 10am. No restaurants were open when I left, and as soon as I got to the office, I found my self in meetings. Around 1:30pm, I was very hungry, but on a conference call. All of the sudden, people started bringing in all sort of different trays of food. It seems that one of my Indian colleagues was catering a lunch for Diwali. I hurried the conference call along. The food was very well timed, and very good!

Kris said...

oh, i trust you enjoy the feast.
Indian food is my absolute fave.
Unfortunately we have no indians community here .

Chan said...

hi nathalie, thanks for the comments you left at Gurgaon... i would have liked to post more Diwali photos but i was travelling and couldn't click any... cool that u liked the celebrations at sydney.. regards, chan