Saturday, December 02, 2006

Too good to be true!

Legs only, part two.
If you follow this blog, you will have guessed that this is part of Sculpture by the Sea. When I saw this pair of legs on Tamarama beach, I couldn't believe it: The Theme was served to me on a silver platter!!! But then I have a contradictory mind and I hate it when things are made too easy, so... you got Macbeth's shadow instead. These legs are huge by the way, taller than me and made of rusty iron.
Posted by Picasa
"Seulement les jambes", deuxième partie.
Si vous avez suivi les épisodes précédents, vous aurez deviné qu'il s'agit de Sculpture by the Sea. Quand j'ai vu cette paire de jambes sur la plage de Tamarama, j'ai pensé à un cadeau du ciel : le Thème du Mois m'était servi tout cuit sur un plateau d'argent ! Seulement j'ai l'esprit de contradiction et je n'aime pas la facilité, alors hier j'ai préféré vous servir l'ombre de Macbeth...
et réserver cette sculpture pour aujourd'hui. Ces jambes sont assez monumentales, plus hautes que moi, en fer rouillé.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so cool! Great one for the theme!

Anonymous said...

I thought we were getting a 2 fer 1 before I realized it's already tomorrow for you. Both days are fun!

Kate said...

Hey, I love this follow-up which I, too, had already planned. Love all the sculptures, but this one is so fine!!

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha. Well done!

BarelyLiegl said...

Whoah, strange!
This is brilliant for today's theme... Congratulations for spotting it!

Anonymous said...

I love your photo series of Sculpture by the Sea--please keep them coming.

Unknown said...

The Sculpture series is good! Makes me wanna to there too!

Kris said...

life has to be made complicated, isnt it? both are good snaps, nathalie!

Anonymous said...

BRAVA


http://www.ilsignorpanza.blogspot.com/

alice said...

Du sur mesure!

Jing said...

oh,great!!
:))
the photo is great.and i think the designer is also great!!

have a nice weekend.

jing
www.shanghaidailyphoto.com

Olivier said...

bravo, tu avais deux superbes idees pour le theme du mois.


cheer, you had two superb ideas for the topic of the month.

Ame said...

Love it! And I had to do a double-take...thought they were real for a minute...but couldn't figure out the gap at the crotch! LOL! ;-)

photowannabe said...

I'm like Ame, I thought whoa, what's with that gap..great shot and fabulous sculptures. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Meg said...

THIS would have been cheating, Nathalie ;-)

Sally said...

Nathalie - I responded to your comment about the mortuary station on my blog.

Nice legs!

Annie said...

The sculptor had a marvelous imagination. This is wonderful.

Marie-Louise Broggi said...

I like what your eyes are seeing,
thank you!